How to set up a new Alcatel 1 using the setup wizard
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When you use your Alcatel 1 for the first time, it will take you through a setup wizard and help you set up some key features. For example, you can enable the Device Protection feature by adding a Google account and setting a screen lock.
Device Protection helps to protect your phone from being used if itʼs lost or stolen. Even if your Alcatel 1 is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
Please note: The steps may differ depending on the options selected. Simply follow the prompts on the Alcatel 1 to complete the setup wizard.
- 1. Select the desired language and touch START.
- 2. You can restore from a backup of another device or set up your Alcatel 1 as a new device. Touch the desired option (e.g., Set up as new).
- 3. The Alcatel 1 will automatically scan for Wi-Fi networks and display a list. To connect, touch the network name.
- 4. Enter the network password and touch CONNECT.
- 5. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, touch Email or phone.
Note: a Google account is needed to use certain features such as Device Protection, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 6. Enter your Google account email address.
- 7. Touch NEXT.
- 8. Enter your Google account password.
- 9. Touch NEXT.
- 10. Touch I AGREE.
- 11. Touch the desired option, e.g., PIN.
- 12. Touch the desired option, e.g., NO.
- 13. Enter your desired PIN, then touch NEXT.
- 14. Confirm your PIN, then touch OK.
- 15. A list of options will appear and you can touch the sliders to enable or disable them. Touch MORE to scroll down the list.
- 16. Touch AGREE.
- 17. The Alcatel 1 will display additional options that you can set up now or later. Touch NO, THANKS.
- 18. Touch FINISH.
- 19. Touch GOT IT.
- 20. The Alcatel 1 is ready to use.