How to turn data roaming and data services on/off on my Alcatel 1
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When travelling outside of Canada, you'll roam on a partner network and roaming charges will apply. To help control data roaming usage, your Alcatel 1 has a data roaming setting that you can switch on and off as needed.
To use data on a partner network, the data roaming setting needs to be on. If you don't need data, make sure that data roaming is off to avoid unwanted charges. You can also turn off data services altogether. This way, your Alcatel 1 will only transmit data over Wi-Fi.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Touch Network & connection.
- 4. Touch Mobile network.
- 5. Touch the Data roaming slider to change the setting (e.g., from off to on).
- 6. Touch OK.
- 7. Data roaming is now on.
Touch the Data roaming slider again to turn it off.
- 8. To switch data off completely, touch the Back icon.
- 9. Touch Data usage.
- 10. Touch the Mobile data slider.
- 11. Data services are now off.
Touch the Mobile data slider again to turn on data services.