How to set up a new Alcatel A30 using the setup wizard
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When you use your Alcatel A30 for the first time, it will take you through a setup wizard and help you set up some key features. For example, you can enable the Device Protection feature by adding a Google account and setting a screen lock.
Device Protection helps to protect your tablet from being used if itʼs lost or stolen. Even if your Alcatel A30 is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
Please note: The steps may differ depending on the options selected. Simply follow the prompts on the Alcatel A30 to complete the setup wizard.
- 1. Select the desired language and touch LETʼS GO.
- 2. Touch NEXT.
- 3. You can restore from a backup of another device or set up your Alcatel A30 as a new device. Touch the desired option (e.g., Set up as new).
- 4. The Alcatel A30 will automatically scan for Wi-Fi networks and display a list. To connect, touch the network name.
- 5. Enter the network password and touch CONNECT.
- 6. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, touch Email or phone.
Note: a Google account is needed to use certain features such as Device Protection, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 7. Enter your Google account email address.
- 8. Touch NEXT.
- 9. Enter your Google account password.
- 10. Touch NEXT.
- 11. Touch ACCEPT.
- 12. Touch the desired option, e.g., PIN.
- 13. Enter your desired PIN, then touch CONTINUE.
- 14. Confirm your PIN, then touch OK.
- 15. A list of options will appear and you can touch the sliders to enable or disable them. Touch NEXT to scroll down the list.
- 16. Touch NEXT.
- 17. Touch CONTINUE.
- 18. The Alcatel A30 will display additional options that you can set up now or later. Touch the desired option, e.g., No, thanks.
- 19. Touch ALL SET.
- 20. Touch FINISH.
- 21. Touch GOT IT.
- 22. The Alcatel A30 is ready to use.