How to turn data roaming and data services on/off on my Alcatel A30
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When travelling outside of Canada, you'll roam on a partner network and roaming charges will apply. To help control data roaming usage, your Alcatel A30 has a data roaming setting that you can switch on and off as needed.
To use data on a partner network, the data roaming setting needs to be on. If you don't need data, make sure that data roaming is off to avoid unwanted charges. You can also turn off data services altogether. This way, your Alcatel A30 will only transmit data over Wi-Fi.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Scroll to and touch Settings.
- 3. Touch More.
- 4. Touch Mobile networks.
- 5. Touch the Data roaming slider to change the setting (e.g., from off to on).
- 6. Touch OK.
- 7. Data roaming is now on.
To turn it off, touch the Data roaming slider again.
- 8. To switch data off completely, touch the Back icon.
- 9. Touch the Back icon.
- 10. Touch Data usage.
- 11. Touch the Mobile data slider.
- 12. Touch OK.
- 13. Data services are now off.
To turn on data services, touch the Mobile data slider again.