How to set up a new Alcatel A50 using the setup wizard
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When you use your Alcatel A50 for the first time, it will take you through a setup wizard and help you set up some key features. For example, you can enable the Device Protection feature by adding a Google account and setting a screen lock.
Device Protection helps to protect your phone from being used if itʼs lost or stolen. Even if your Alcatel A50 is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
Please note: The steps may differ depending on the options selected. Simply follow the prompts on the Alcatel A50 to complete the setup wizard.
- 1. Select the desired language and touch GET STARTED.
- 2. You can restore from a backup of another device or set up your Alcatel A50 as a new device. Touch the desired option (e.g., Set up as new).
- 3. The Alcatel A50 will automatically scan for Wi-Fi networks and display a list. To connect, touch the network name.
- 4. Enter the network password and touch CONNECT.
- 5. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, touch Email or phone and enter your Google account email address.
Note: a Google account is needed to use certain features such as Device Protection, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 6. Enter your email address.
- 7. Touch NEXT.
- 8. Enter your Google account password.
- 9. Touch NEXT.
- 10. Touch ACCEPT.
- 11. A list of options will appear and you can touch the sliders to enable or disable them. Touch the v arrow to scroll down the list.
- 12. Touch NEXT.
- 13. Touch the desired option, e.g., PIN.
- 14. Touch the desired option, e.g., No, thanks.
- 15. Enter your desired PIN, then touch CONTINUE.
- 16. Confirm your PIN, then touch OK.
- 17. The Alcatel A50 will display additional options that you can set up now or later. Touch the v arrow to scroll down the list.
- 18. Touch the desired option, e.g., Set up later.
- 19. The Alcatel A50 is ready to use.