How to change the email settings on my Alcatel Idol 4
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If you canʼt send or receive email on your Alcatel Idol 4, you might need to update the email server settings. Please contact your email provider to obtain the correct settings.
If you canʼt get the email server to connect, ensure the settings are correct and working on a home computer. Also, make sure your Alcatel Idol 4 is connected to the Internet.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Email.
- 3. Touch the Menu icon.
- 4. Scroll to and touch Settings.
- 5. Touch the desired account.
- 6. The most common settings to change are the outgoing settings.
Scroll to and touch Outgoing settings.
- 7. Touch SMTP server.
- 8. Edit the SMTP server name.
- 9. Touch DONE.
- 10. The changes have been saved.
- This process is similar for most email accounts. However, the options that you can change will depend on the account type (Gmail, Yahoo!, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, etc.).