How to set up a new Alcatel Idol 4 using the setup wizard
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When you use your Alcatel Idol 4 for the first time, it will take you through a setup wizard and help you set up some key features. For example, you can enable the Device Protection feature by adding a Google account and setting a screen lock.
Device Protection helps to protect your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your Alcatel Idol 4 is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
Please note: the steps may differ depending on the options selected. Simply follow the prompts on the Alcatel Idol 4 to complete the setup wizard.
- 1. Select the desired language and touch the Arrow icon.
- 2. Touch NEXT.
- 3. A list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear. To connect, touch the Wi-Fi network name.
- 4. Enter the Wi-Fi network password and touch CONNECT.
- 5. Touch NEXT.
- 6. Wait while the phone checks for connections.
- 7. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, enter your Google account email address and touch NEXT.
Note: A Google account is needed to take advantage of Android features such as Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 8. Enter your Google account password and touch NEXT.
- 9. Touch ACCEPT.
- 10. Review and select/deselect Google services. Touch v to scroll down.
- 11. Touch NEXT.
- 12. Touch the desired option (e.g., No, thanks) and touch CONTINUE.
- 13. Touch Not now and touch NEXT.
- 14. Select Protect this device to set a screen lock and enable Device Protection (or deselect to skip this step). Touch NEXT.
- 15. Touch the desired option (e.g., Require PIN to start device) and touch NEXT.
- 16. Touch the type of screen lock you want to use. In this example, a PIN will be used.
- 17. Enter your desired PIN and touch the > icon.
- 18. Re-enter your PIN to confirm it and touch the > icon.
- 19. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide sensitive notification content) and touch NEXT.
- 20. Touch FINISH to complete the setup wizard.
- 21. Touch START.
- 22. Touch GOT IT.