How to use my Alcatel Idol 4 as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can use your Alcatel Idol 4 as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. This lets you share your phone's Internet connection with other devices via Wi-Fi.
Please note: When other devices use your Wi-Fi hotspot, they use data from your mobile service. Charges may apply.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Scroll to and touch Settings.
- 3. Touch More.
- 4. Touch Tethering & portable hotspot.
- 5. Touch Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
- 6. Touch Network SSID.
- 7. To change the SSID (network name), delete the existing name and enter a new one.
- 8. Scroll to and touch Password.
- 9. To change the network password, delete the existing password and enter a new one.
- 10. Touch SAVE.
- 11. Touch the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot slider to turn on the hotspot.
- 12. The hotspot is now active. Other devices can connect to it using your network name (step 7) and password (step 9).