Completing the Alcatel Pixi 3 Setup wizard and/or enabling Device Protection
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Set up your new phone with the setup wizard. Android's Device Protection feature will automatically be enabled on your Alcatel Pixi 3 when you add a Google account and set a screen lock.
Device Protection protects your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your phone is wiped, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use the phone.
- 1. Scroll to the desired language and touch the Next icon.
- 2. The Alcatel Pixi 3 will automatically scan for available networks and display them. Either touch SKIP or touch the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password for the desired network.
- 3. Touch the desired data connection (e.g., Data enabled), then touch NEXT.
- 4. Set up your Google service settings. Touch MORE to view more settings.
- 5. Touch NEXT.
- 6. Touch the desired location mode (e.g., Battery saving), then touch NEXT.
- 7. Touch Set up screen lock to enable Device Protection. Otherwise touch SKIP to skip screen lock setup and Device Protection.
- 8. Select from the choice of Pattern, PIN or Password lock. In the following example a PIN will be used.
- 9. Enter your desired PIN, then touch >.
- 10. Confirm your PIN, then touch >.
- 11. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide sensitive notification content) and then touch NEXT.
- 12. Touch NEXT.
- 13. Touch FINISH.
- 14. Touch GOT IT to complete the set up process.