How to change the USB connection options on my Alcatel Pixi 3
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can change the USB settings so that your phone will sync, charge, etc. when connected to a computer.
- 1. Plug the USB cable into the phone.
- 2. Touch and drag the notification bar down.
- 3. Touch Connected as a camera.
- 4. Touch the desired option (e.g., Media device (MTP)).
- 5. The USB connection option has been changed.
- Both the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) mode have similar functions that enable the transfer of files between two devices.
Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) allows the transfer of images from digital cameras to computers and other peripheral devices without the need for additional device drivers.
Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) allows media files to be transferred automatically to and from portable devices.
Whereas PTP was designed for downloading photographs from digital cameras, MTP allows the transfer of music files on digital audio players and media files on portable media players, as well as personal information on personal digital assistants.
MTP is a key part of a digital rights management (DRM) service for the Windows Media platform.