How to change the USB connection options on my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Idol 4
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can change the USB settings so that your phone will sync, charge, etc. when connected to a computer.
- 1. Plug the USB cable into the phone and the computer.
- 2. Touch and drag the notification bar down.
- 3. The current USB setting is displayed (e.g., USB for file transfer). To change it, touch Touch for other USB options.
- 4. Touch the desired option (e.g., Charging only).
- 5. The USB setting has been changed.
- The MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) options have similar functions that enable file transfer between your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Idol 4 and computer. Select PTP to transfer pictures and select MTP to transfer music, videos and other media files.