How to set up Face Unlock on my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Idol X
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Face Unlock is a security feature that uses facial recognition technology instead of a PIN or password. It lets you unlock the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Idol X using the front-facing camera.
- 1. Touch APPS.
- 2. Scroll to and touch Settings.
- 3. Touch Security.
- 4. Touch Set up screen lock.
- 5. Touch Face Unlock.
- 6. Read the notice and touch Set it up.
- 7. Touch Continue.
- 8. A dotted circle will appear on the screen. Hold the phone so that your face appears inside the dotted circle.
- 9. When your face has been captured, touch Continue.
- 10. Touch a backup option (e.g., PIN) to use in case Face Unlock can't unlock the phone.
- 11. Enter a PIN.
- 12. Touch Continue.
- 13. Re-enter the PIN to confirm it.
- 14. Touch OK.
- 15. Touch OK.
- 16. Face Unlock has been set up.
To unlock the phone from standby mode, just hold it in front of your face and it will unlock.