How to perform a hard reset when my Apple iPad Mini 2 is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the Apple iPad Mini 2 becomes unresponsive or doesnʼt perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to a factory default state.
Important: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings.
- 1. Ensure the iPad is off.
- 2. Insert the USB cable, then hold the Home key while connecting the iPad to iTunes.
- 3. On the computer, when prompted that there is a problem with the iPad that requires it to be updated or restored, click Restore.
- 4. Click Restore and Update.
- 5. iTunes will begin to restore your iPad.
- 6. Restore has completed successfully.
- After restoring your Apple iPad Mini 2, you may need to reactivate the SIM card using iTunes.