How to set up iCloud (Apple ID) on my Apple iPad Mini 2
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- iCloud offers online storage and back up for the information on your Apple iPad Mini 2, such as photos, notes, contacts and more. It also syncs information across all of your Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac).
To use iCloud, you will need an Apple ID, which is a personal account for Apple services. If you already have an Apple ID, just sign in on your Apple iPad Mini 2. Once iCloud is set up, you can also access some of your information on iCloud.com, such as viewing your calendars and photos.
- 1. Touch Settings.
- 2. Scroll to and touch iCloud.
- 3. If you already have an Apple ID, sign in to activate iCloud on your Apple iPad Mini 2.
Otherwise, touch Create a new Apple ID and follow the steps below.
- 4. Scroll to your birthday.
- 5. Touch Next.
- 6. Enter your first name.
- 7. Touch Last Name.
- 8. Enter your last name.
- 9. Touch Next.
- 10. Touch the desired option (e.g., Use your current email address).
- 11. Enter your email address. It will be the user name for your new Apple ID.
- 12. Touch Next.
- 13. Enter a password.
- 14. Touch Verify.
- 15. Re-enter the password to confirm it.
- 16. Touch Next.
- 17. Touch Question.
- 18. Select a security question.
- 19. Touch Answer.
- 20. Enter the answer to the security question.
- 21. Touch Next.
You will be asked to set up two more security questions.
- 22. Once you have set up the security questions, the terms and conditions will appear. Touch Agree.
- 23. Touch Agree.
- 24. Wait while your Apple ID is created.
- 25. A verification email will be sent to the email address you entered.
Go to the email on your iPad or computer.
- 26. Open the email message.
- 27. Touch Verify now.
- 28. Your email address has now been verified.
- 29. Your Apple ID is now active. It is also linked to your Apple iPad Mini 2 and iCloud has been turned on.