How to share my Apple iPhone 3GS Internet connection with a computer
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Tethering lets you share the Internet connection from your Apple iPhone 3GS with a computer. Please note that you'll be using data from your mobile network and charges may apply.
In this example, we've used a Windows® 7 computer.
- 1. Connect the Apple iPhone 3GS to the computer using the USB cable.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Touch General.
- 4. Touch Cellular.
- 5. Scroll to and touch Set Up Personal Hotspot.
- 6. Touch Personal Hotspot.
- 7. If you see this screen, touch USB Only.
- 8. The Apple iPhone 3GS is now tethered.
- 9. On the computer, wait for the device drivers to install then click Home network.
- 10. Wait while the computer automatically applies the settings and connects to the network.
- 11. Setup is complete. Click Close.
- Note: in step 9, we've selected Home network because we know and trust both the Apple iPhone 3GS and the computer.