How to back up and restore my Apple iPhone 4
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can use iTunes to back up your Apple iPhone 4 and restore a previous backup.
Note: Restoring from backup is different from performing a full software restore. Restoring from backup restores the settings, data and other information saved in a previous backup. Performing a full software restore will delete the contents of your device and restore it to the original factory settings.
In this example, we use iTunes 10.7.
- 1. Connect the Apple iPhone 4 to the computer. On the computer, open iTunes and right-click on the phone's name.
- 2. Click Back Up.
- 3. Wait while iTunes backs up the Apple iPhone 4.
- 4. The back up has finished.
- 5. To restore a previous backup, right-click on the phone's name.
- 6. Select Restore from Backup.
Note: iTunes will not offer this option if no backups have been performed.
- 7. Use the drop-down menu to select a backup, then select Restore.
- 8. Wait while the backup is restored.
- 9. Click OK.
- 10. Wait while the Apple iPhone 4 is synced.
- 11. The restoration is complete and the Apple iPhone 4 can be disconnected from the computer.