How to perform a hard reset when my Apple iPhone SE is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the Apple iPhone SE becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to a factory default state.
Important: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings.
- 1. Ensure the iPhone is off.
- 2. Insert the USB cable, then hold the Home key while connecting the iPhone to iTunes.
- 3. On the computer, when prompted that iTunes has detected the iPhone in recovery mode, click OK.
- 4. Click Restore iPhone…
- 5. Click Restore and Update.
- 6. iTunes will begin to restore your iPhone.
- 7. Restore has completed successfully.
- After restoring your Apple iPhone SE, you may need to reactivate the SIM card using iTunes.