How to change the email settings on my BlackBerry Bold 9780
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Changing the mail server settings can sometimes be required if you have problems sending or receiving email. Your email provider will have the correct mail server settings.
In this example we use the Openface server settings.
- 1. Scroll to and select All.
- 2. Scroll to and select Setup.
- 3. Scroll to and select Email Accounts.
- 4. Select Internet Mail Account.
- 5. Wait while the phone contacts the network.
- 6. Scroll to the required email account.
- 7. Press the Menu key.
- 8. Select Edit.
- 9. If required, scroll to Email account name.
- 10. Delete the text already present.
- 11. Enter the required account name.
- 12. If required, scroll to Your name.
- 13. Enter your name.
- 14. Scroll down.
- 15. Select Advanced Options.
- 16. Scroll to Email Server.
- 17. Delete the text already present.
- 18. Enter the required email server address.
- 19. Scroll down.
- 20. Select Save.
- 21. Enter the email account password.
- 22. Scroll to and select Validate.
- 23. Wait while the new settings are saved.
- 24. The selected email account has been changed.
- Note: Entering the wrong mail server settings can stop your BlackBerry Bold 9780 from sending and/or receiving email. If you can't get the mail server to connect, ensure the settings are correct and working on a home computer. Also, check the network or Internet connectivity settings.