How to share my BlackBerry Curve 8530 Internet connection with a computer
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Tethering lets you share the Internet connection on your BlackBerry® Curve 8530 with a computer. Please note that you'll be using data from your mobile network.
In this example, we use BlackBerry Desktop Software 220.127.116.11. However, we recommend that you use the latest version available.
- 1. Connect your BlackBerry to the computer using the USB cable. BlackBerry Desktop Software should start automatically; if it doesn't, launch the program manually.
- 2. Click Tools.
- 3. Click Mobile Internet settings.
- 4. Click Profile.
- 5. Select Mobility or Mobility CDMA from the list of available profiles.
- 6. Click OK.
- 7. Click Tools.
- 8. Click Start Mobile Internet.
- 9. Click Connect.
- 10. Once connected, you can see the duration of the tethered Internet connection, along with the amount of data transferred.
- 11. A Windows notification will also appear to inform you of the connection speed.
- 12. Once tethering has been set up, you can quickly connect and disconnect by clicking the Mobile Internet indicator.