How to perform a hard reset when my HTC Desire C is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the HTC Desire C becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to a factory default state.
Important: a hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings. It will not remove data from the memory card.
- 1. Ensure the Desire C is off. If it won't turn off, remove then reinsert the battery.
- 2. To remove the battery, use your thumb or finger to lift up the back cover using the small notch at the top of the phone.
- 3. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.
- 4. Line up the battery cover hinge with the designated holes inside the phone. Gently push down the cover until it clicks into place.
- 5. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then briefly press the Power button. Keep the Volume Down button held down until the boot menu appears.
- 6. Scroll to FACTORY RESET by pressing the Volume Down button twice.
- 7. Press the Power button.
- 8. The device will now wipe all contents and reboot to the initial setup screen.