How to change the email settings on my HTC Incredible S 4G
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Changing the mail server settings can sometimes be required if you have problems sending or receiving email. Please contact your email provider to obtain the correct mail server settings.
- 1. Touch Mail.
- 2. Touch Menu.
- 3. Touch More.
- 4. Touch Settings.
- 5. Touch Account settings.
- 6. Touch Next.
- 7. The most common settings to change are the outgoing settings.
- 8. Touch Login required.
- 9. Edit the SMTP server name.
- 10. Scroll to and touch Server port.
- 11. Edit the port number and touch Next.
- 12. Wait while the Incredible S 4G checks the outgoing server settings.
- 13. Change the account name and your name if required.
- 14. Touch Finish setup.
- 15. Touch Back.
- 16. The selected email account has been changed.
- Note: Entering the wrong mail server settings can stop your HTC Incredible S 4G from sending and/or receiving email. If you can't get the mail server to connect, ensure the settings are correct and working on a home computer. Also, check the network or Internet connectivity settings.