How to perform a hard reset when my HTC Incredible S 4G is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the HTC Incredible S 4G becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to a factory default state.
Important: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings. It will not remove data from the memory card.
- 1. Ensure the Incredible S 4G is off. If it won't turn off, remove then reinsert the battery.
- 2. To remove the battery, lift the bottom of the battery cover and pull it away from the Incredible S 4G.
- 3. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.
- 4. Line up the battery cover hinge with the designated holes inside the Incredible S 4G, then push the cover down until it clicks into place.
- 5. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then briefly press the Power button. Keep the Volume Down button held down until the boot menu appears.
- 6. Scroll to FACTORY RESET by pressing the Volume Down button twice.
- 7. Press the Power button.
- 8. The device will now wipe all contents and reboot to the initial setup screen.