How to perform a hard reset when my HTC Wildfire S is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the HTC Wildfire S becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to a factory default state.
Important: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings. It will not remove data from the memory card.
- 1. Ensure the Wildfire S is off. If it won't turn off, remove then reinsert the battery.
- 2. Lift the top of the battery cover and pull away from the Wildfire S.
- 3. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.
- 4. Line up the battery cover hinge with the designated holes inside the Wildfire S, then push the cover down until it clicks into place.
- 5. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then briefly press the Power button. Keep the Volume Down button held down until the boot menu appears.
- 6. Scroll to CLEAR STORAGE by pressing the Volume Down button twice and press the Power button.
- 7. Press the Volume Up button.
- 8. The device will now wipe all contents and reboot to the initial setup screen.