How to set up Fingerprint Unlock on my Huawei P10
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Fingerprint Unlock is a security feature that uses fingerprint recognition technology. It lets you unlock the Huawei P10 using the fingerprint sensor located on the back of the phone.
- 1. Swipe left.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Fingerprint ID.
- 4. To access these features and in case there are issues with fingerprint unlocking, you will need to create a PIN or password. Touch the desired option (e.g., PIN).
Note: If you have already set one up, you will only be prompted to confirm your PIN or password.
- 5. Enter a PIN.
- 6. Touch CONTINUE.
- 7. Re-enter the PIN to confirm it.
- 8. Touch OK.
- 9. Touch New fingerprint.
- 10. Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor to start the scanning process.
- 11. Place and lift your finger on the fingerprint sensor repeatedly to build up the pattern.
- 12. Touch OK.
- 13. Fingerprint Unlock has been set up.
- 14. To unlock the Huawei P10 from standby mode, just place your finger on the fingerprint sensor and it will unlock.
Note: You will have a maximum of five attempts to unlock the Huawei P10 using your registered fingerprint before being asked for your backup pattern/PIN/password.