How to perform a hard reset when my Huawei P20 is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If your Huawei P20 becomes unresponsive or doesnʼt perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state.
Warning: all of your data, downloaded apps and settings will be erased during the reset.
Before resetting your phone, turn it off and then on again. This may solve the problem. If your phone doesnʼt turn on, follow these steps to perform a hard reset.
- 1. Press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons until the EMUI logo appears on the screen.
- 2. Touch Wipe data/factory reset.
- 3. Touch Wipe data/factory reset.
- 4. The phone will now wipe all contents.
- 5. Touch Reboot system now.
- 6. The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.