How to set up fingerprint unlock on my Huawei P20 Pro
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Fingerprint unlock is a security feature that uses fingerprint recognition technology. It lets you unlock the Huawei P20 Pro using the fingerprint sensor located on the front of the phone.
- 1. Touch Settings.
- 2. Touch Security & privacy.
- 3. Touch Fingerprint ID.
- 4. Touch the desired option (e.g., PIN) to create a backup unlock method.
Note: If you have already set one up, you will be prompted to enter your PIN, password or pattern.
- 5. Enter a PIN.
- 6. Touch Continue.
- 7. Re-enter the PIN to confirm it.
- 8. Touch OK.
- 9. Touch New fingerprint.
- 10. Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor to start the scanning process.
- 11. Place and lift your finger on the fingerprint sensor repeatedly to build up the pattern.
- 12. Touch OK.
- 13. Fingerprint unlock has been set up.
- 14. To unlock the Huawei P20 Pro from standby mode, just place your finger on the fingerprint sensor and it will unlock.
Note: You will have a maximum of five attempts to unlock the Huawei P20 Pro using your registered fingerprint before being asked for your backup pattern/PIN/password.