How to change the USB connection options on my LG G4 Vigor
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can change the USB settings so that your phone will sync, charge, etc. when connected to a computer.
- 1. Plug the USB cable into the phone.
- 2. Touch and drag the notification bar down.
- 3. Touch Charging…
- 4. Touch the desired option (e.g., Media device (MTP)).
- 5. The USB connection option has been changed.
- Both the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and UMS or MSC (USB Mass Storage) mode have similar functions that enable the transfer of files between two devices.
Both will allow you to transfer files, pictures, videos, etc.
MTP allows you to use other functions on the device while connected, supports MSDRM (Windows Media Digital Rights Management), has no limitation on the file size to be transferred and is used on a PC only.
UMS (or MSC) does not allow other functionality while connected, may have a 4 GB file size limit, allows you to play files through a car-kit and can be used on a PC and Mac.