Using the LG G4 Vigor setup wizard and/or enabling Device Protection
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Set up your new phone with the setup wizard. Android's Device Protection feature will automatically be enabled on your LG G4 Vigor when you add a Google account and set a screen lock.
Device Protection protects your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your phone is wiped, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use the phone.
- 1. Scroll to the desired language and touch Next.
- 2. If you want to connect to a Wi-Fi network touch Wi-Fi. Touch the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password. Touch Next.
- 3. Read the Tap & Go information, then touch SKIP.
- 4. Set up your existing Google account or create a new Google account. For this example, enter your email address from an existing Google account, then touch NEXT.
Note: Your LG G4 Vigor uses your Google account to fully utilize its Android features, including Gmail, Google Hangouts, and the Google Play Store.
- 5. Enter your password, then touch NEXT.
- 6. Touch ACCEPT.
- 7. Touch NEXT to set up payment information now or touch Remind me later to set up your payment information at a later date.
- 8. Touch NEXT.
- 9. If you want to restore from a backup of another device, select the device source and apps and then touch NEXT.
- 10. Touch SET SCREEN LOCK NOW to set a screen lock and enable Device Protection. Otherwise, touch SKIP to continue without a screen lock or Device Protection.
- 11. Select the type of screen lock you want to use. In the following example a PIN will be used.
- 12. Enter your desired PIN and click NEXT.
- 13. Re-enter your PIN to confirm it and then touch OK.
- 14. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide sensitive only).
- 15. Set up your Google service settings. Touch MORE to view more settings.
- 16. Touch NEXT.
- 17. Read the End-User License Agreement, select the checkbox, then touch Next.
- 19. The LG G4 Vigor will start restoring your backup, if you chose to restore one.
- 20. Touch See uninstalled apps to view and reinstall apps. Touch Skip to complete the set up process.