How to change the USB connection options on my LG G5
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can change the USB settings so that your phone will sync, charge, etc. when connected to a computer.
- 1. Plug the USB cable into the phone.
- 2. Touch and drag the notification bar down.
- 3. Touch the option that was previously selected (the default is Charge only).
- 4. Touch the desired option (e.g., File transfer).
- 5. Touch JUST ONCE or ALWAYS. (ALWAYS will set the USB connection as the default when reconnecting the LG G5.)
- 6. The USB connection option has been changed.
- The MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) options have similar functions that enable file transfer between your LG G5 and computer. Select PTP to transfer pictures and select MTP to transfer music, videos and other media files.