Using the LG G5 setup wizard and/or enabling Device Protection
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Set up your new phone with the setup wizard. Android's Device Protection feature will automatically be enabled on your LG G5 when you add a Google account and set a screen lock.
Device Protection protects your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your phone is wiped, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use the phone.
- 1. Scroll to the desired language and touch the Arrow icon.
- 2. The LG G5 will automatically scan for available networks and display them. Either touch NEXT or touch the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password for the desired network.
- 3. Set up your existing Google account or create a new Google account. For this example, enter your email address from an existing Google account, then touch NEXT.
Note: Your LG G5 uses your Google account to fully utilize its Android features, including Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts, and the Google Play Store.
- 4. Enter your password, then touch NEXT.
- 5. Touch ACCEPT.
- 6. Scroll upwards and touch NEXT.
- 7. Touch Set up PIN, pattern or password to enable Device Protection.
- 8. Touch NEXT.
- 9. Select from the choice of Pattern, PIN or Password lock. In the following example a PIN will be used.
- 10. Touch NEXT.
- 11. Enter your desired PIN, then touch NEXT.
- 12. Confirm your PIN, then touch OK.
- 13. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide sensitive only) and then touch OK.
- 14. Touch I agree.
- 15. Touch DONE.
- 16. Touch NEXT.
- 17. Touch NEXT.
- 18. Touch DONE.
- 19. The LG G5 is now ready to use.