How to change the email settings on my Motorola Moto G
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If you can't send or receive email on your Motorola Moto G, you might need to update the email server settings. Please contact your email provider to obtain the correct settings.
If you can't get the email server to connect, ensure the settings are correct and working on a home computer. Also, make sure you're connected to the Internet.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Email.
- 3. Touch the Menu icon.
- 4. Touch Settings.
- 5. Touch the desired account.
- 6. The most common settings to change are the outgoing settings.
Scroll to and touch Outgoing settings.
- 7. Touch SMTP server.
- 8. Edit the SMTP server address.
- 9. Touch Port.
- 10. Edit the port number.
- 11. Touch Done.
- 12. Touch Done.
- 13. The changes have been saved.
- This process is similar on most email accounts and, depending on the account being edited (Gmail, Yahoo!, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook.com, etc.), it will determine the options you see and will be allowed to change.