How to change the USB connection options on my Motorola Moto G
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can change the USB settings so that your phone will sync, charge, etc. when connected to a computer.
- 1. Plug the USB cable into the phone.
- 2. Touch and drag the notification bar down.
- 3. Touch Connected as a camera.
- 4. Touch the desired option (e.g., Media device (MTP)).
- 5. The USB connection option has been changed.
- Both the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) mode have similar functions that enable the transfer of files between two devices.
Both will allow you to transfer files, pictures, videos, etc.
MTP supports MSDRM (Windows Media Digital Rights Management) and synchronizes files, PTP does not support MSDRM or synchronize files.