How to perform a hard reset when my Motorola Moto G is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the Motorola Moto G becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state. Please note that all of your data, downloaded apps and settings will be erased during the reset.
- 1. Ensure the phone is turned off.
- 2. Press and hold the Volume down button, then press the Power button and let go.
- 3. Scroll to Recovery by pressing the Volume down button.
- 4. Press the Volume up button. The device will display the Motorola logo followed by the Android in distress (logo with Exclamation mark).
- 5. Press and hold the Volume up button, then press the Power button and let go.
- 6. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset using the Volume down button.
- 7. Press the Power button.
- 8. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data using the Volume down button.
- 9. The phone will now wipe all contents.
- 10. Press the Power button.
- 11. The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.