How to turn data roaming and data services on/off on my Motorola Moto G6 Play
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When travelling outside of Canada, youʼll roam on a partner network and roaming charges will apply. To help control data roaming usage, your Motorola Moto G6 Play has a data roaming setting that you can switch on and off as needed.
To use data on a partner network, the data roaming setting needs to be on. If you donʼt need data, make sure that data roaming is off to avoid unwanted charges. You can also turn off data services altogether. This way, your Motorola Moto G6 Play will only transmit data over Wi-Fi.
- 1. Swipe up to view Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Touch Network & Internet.
- 4. Touch Mobile network.
- 5. Touch the Data roaming slider to change the setting (e.g., from off to on).
- 6. Read the warning and touch OK.
- 7. Data roaming is now on.
To turn it off, touch the Data roaming slider again.
- 8. To switch data off completely, touch the Back icon.
- 9. Touch Data usage.
- 10. Touch the Mobile data slider to turn it off.
- 11. Touch OK.
- 12. Data services are now off.
To turn on data services, touch the Mobile data slider again.