How to perform a hard reset when my Motorola MOTOLUXE is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the Motorola MOTOLUXE becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to a factory default state.
Important: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings. It will not remove data from the memory card.
- 1. Ensure the phone is off. If it won't turn off, remove then reinsert the battery.
- 2. To remove the battery, slide the battery cover down and pull it away.
- 3. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.
- 4. Line up the battery cover and push it into place.
- 5. Press and hold the Volume down button and the Volume up button, and press the Power button. Keep the volume buttons held down until the Android logo appears.
- 6. Touch Home.
- 7. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
- 8. Press the Power button.
- 9. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.
- 10. Press the Power button.
- 11. The phone will now wipe all contents.
- 12. Touch Home.
- 13. The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.