How to perform a hard reset when my Samsung Galaxy Alpha is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If your Samsung Galaxy Alpha becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state.
Please note that all of your data, downloaded apps and settings will be erased during the reset. Ensure that any photos, music, documents or other data that you wish to keep is backed up somewhere else, other than on the device itself.
- 1. Before resetting your phone, turn it off and then on again. This may fix some issues. If your phone won't turn off, remove and then reinsert the battery.
- 2. Using your thumb or finger, lift up the back cover using the small notch at the top-left of the phone.
- 3. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.
- 4. Line up the battery cover hinge with the designated holes inside the phone, then push the cover down until it clicks into place.
- 5. Press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
- 6. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
- 7. Press the Power button.
- 8. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.
- 9. Press the Power button.
- 10. The phone will now wipe all contents.
- 11. Press the Power button.
- 12. The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.