How to change the email settings on my Samsung Galaxy S4
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If you can't send or receive email on your Samsung Galaxy S4, you might need to update the email server settings. Please contact your email provider to obtain the correct settings.
If you can't get the email server to connect, ensure the settings are correct and working on a home computer. Also, make sure you're connected to the Internet.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Scroll to and touch Email.
- 3. Touch Menu.
- 4. Touch Settings.
- 5. Touch Manage accounts.
- 6. Touch the desired account.
- 7. Scroll to and touch MORE SETTINGS.
- 8. The most common settings to change are the outgoing settings.
Scroll to and touch Outgoing settings.
- 9. Touch SMTP server.
- 10. Edit the SMTP server name.
- 11. Scroll to and touch Port.
- 12. Edit the port number.
- 13. Touch DONE.
- 14. The changes have been saved.
- This process is similar on most email accounts. The visible options you will be allowed to change are dependent on the account being edited (Gmail, Yahoo!, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, etc.).