How to perform a hard reset when my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state.
Please note that all of your data, downloaded apps and settings will be erased during the reset. Ensure that any photos, music, documents or other data that you wish to keep is backed up somewhere else, other than on the device itself.
- 1. Before resetting your phone, try to turn it off and then on again. This may fix some issues. If it still won't start, follow the steps below.
- 2. Press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
- 3. The start up screen will be briefly displayed, before the hard reset menu appears.
- 4. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
- 5. Press the Power button.
- 6. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.
- 7. Press the Power button.
- 8. The phone will now wipe all contents.
- 9. Press the Power button.
- 10. The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.