Using the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo setup wizard and/or enabling Device Protection
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Set up your new phone with the setup wizard. Android's Device Protection feature will automatically be enabled on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo when you add a Google account and set a screen lock.
Device Protection protects your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your phone is wiped, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use the phone.
- 1. Scroll to the desired language and touch the Next icon.
- 2. Touch the slider see available Wi-Fi networks. Either touch NEXT or touch the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password for the desired network.
- 3. Read the End User Licence agreement and touch NEXT.
- 4. Touch AGREE.
- 5. If you see this screen touch SKIP.
- 6. Read the Tap & Go information, then touch SKIP.
- 7. Set up your existing Google account or create a new Google account. For this example, enter your email address from an existing Google account, then touch NEXT.
Note: Your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo uses your Google account to fully utilize its Android features, including Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts, and the Google Play Store.
- 8. Enter your password, then touch NEXT.
- 9. Touch ACCEPT.
- 10. Touch the desired option (e.g., Remind me later) and then touch NEXT.
- 11. Touch Restore from this backup to select a previous device to restore from, otherwise touch NEXT to set up as a new device.
- 12. Touch SET SCREEN LOCK NOW to set a screen lock and enable Device Protection. Otherwise, touch SKIP to continue without a screen lock or Device Protection.
- 13. Select the type of screen lock you want to use. In the following example a PIN will be used.
- 14. Enter your desired PIN and touch Done.
- 15. Re-enter your PIN to confirm it and then touch Done.
- 16. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide content) and then touch NEXT.
- 17. Set up your Google service settings. Touch MORE to view more settings.
- 18. Touch NEXT.
- 19. Sign in to your existing Samsung account or create a new Samsung account. Otherwise, touch SKIP.
- 20. Touch SKIP.
- 21. Touch FINISH to complete the set-up process.