How to change the USB connection options on my Samsung Galaxy S7
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can change the USB settings so that your phone will sync, charge, etc. when connected to a computer.
- 1. Plug the USB cable into the phone and the computer.
- 2. Touch and drag the notification bar down.
- 3. Touch Touch for other USB options.
- 4. Touch the desired option (e.g., Charging).
- 5. The USB connection option has been changed.
- The MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) options have similar functions that enable file transfer between your Samsung Galaxy S7 and computer. Select PTP to transfer pictures and select MTP to transfer music, videos and other media files.