How to set up the screen lock on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and enable Device Protection
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can set a screen lock (e.g., password) for your Samsung Galaxy S8. The password will be required to unlock the phone from standby mode.
The Device Protection feature is automatically enabled if you have both a Google account and a screen lock on your Samsung Galaxy S8. Device Protection helps to protect your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your Samsung Galaxy S8 is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
- 1. Swipe up to view Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen and security.
- 4. Touch Screen lock type.
- 5. Touch the desired option (e.g., Password).
- 6. Enter a password.
- 7. Touch CONTINUE.
- 8. Re-enter the password to confirm it.
- 9. Touch OK.
- 10. Change the notification options if desired and touch DONE.
- 11. The screen lock (password) has been set.