How to turn data roaming and data services on/off on my Samsung Galaxy S8
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When travelling outside of Canada, youʼll roam on a partner network and roaming charges will apply. To help control data roaming usage, your Samsung Galaxy S8 has a data roaming setting that you can switch on and off as needed.
To use data on a partner network, the data roaming setting needs to be on. If you donʼt need data, make sure that data roaming is off to avoid unwanted charges. You can also turn off data services altogether. This way, your Samsung Galaxy S8 will only transmit data over Wi-Fi.
- 1. Swipe up to view Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Touch Connections.
- 4. Touch Mobile networks.
- 5. Touch Data roaming to change the setting (e.g., from off to on).
- 6. Data roaming is now on.
Touch Data roaming again to turn it off.
- 7. To switch data off completely, touch the Back icon.
- 8. Touch Data usage.
- 9. Touch Mobile data.
- 10. Data services are now off.
Touch Mobile data again to turn data services on.