How to disable fingerprint unlock on my Samsung Galaxy S9
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Fingerprint unlock is a security feature that uses fingerprint recognition technology. You can delete any saved fingerprints and turn off fingerprint unlock on your Samsung Galaxy S9. To protect your phone, make sure that another type of screen lock is set up, such as a PIN or password.
- 1. Swipe up or down to view Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen and security.
- 4. Touch Fingerprint Scanner.
- 5. If youʼre prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch NEXT.
- 6. Touch EDIT.
- 7. Touch the name of the fingerprint you want to remove (e.g., Fingerprint 1).
- 8. Touch REMOVE.
- 9. Touch REMOVE.
- 10. If all fingerprints are removed, fingerprint unlock is automatically disabled.