How to perform a hard reset when my Samsung Galaxy W 4G is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the Samsung Galaxy W 4G becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to a factory default state.
Important: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings. It will not remove data from the memory card.
- 1. Ensure the phone is off. If it won't turn off, remove then reinsert the battery.
- 2. To remove the battery, lift the bottom of the battery cover and pull it away from the phone.
- 3. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.
- 4. Line up the battery cover hinge with the designated holes inside the phone. Push the cover down until it clicks into place.
- 5. Press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons. The Samsung logo should appear on the screen.
- 6. Release the Power button. Continue holding the Volume up button until the Android download screen appears.
- 7. Touch and hold Menu. The screen will dim slightly. Release Menu.
- 8. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
- 9. Touch Home.
- 10. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.
- 11. Touch Home.
- 12. The phone will reset and wipe all contents.
- 13. Touch Home.
- 14. The phone will reboot to the initial setup screen.