How to share my Samsung Galaxy W 4G Internet connection with a computer
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Tethering lets you share the Internet connection from your Samsung Galaxy W 4G with a computer. Please note that you'll be using data from your mobile network and charges may apply.
In this example, we've used a Windows® 7 computer.
- 1. Connect the Samsung Galaxy W 4G to the computer using the USB cable.
- 2. Touch Applications.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Settings.
- 4. Touch Wireless and networks.
- 5. Touch Tethering and portable hotspot.
- 6. Touch USB tethering.
- 7. The phone is now tethered.
- 8. On the computer, wait for the device drivers to install then click Home network.
- 9. Wait while the computer automatically applies the settings and connects to the network.
- 10. Setup is complete. Click Close.
- Note: in step 8, we've selected Home network because we know and trust both the Samsung Galaxy W 4G and the computer.