How to transfer content from my old Android device to my Sony Xperia XA
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- With the Sony Xperia™ Transfer Mobile feature, it's easy to transfer content wirelessly from your old Android phone to your new Sony Xperia XA. Types of content include: contacts, photos, music, videos, messages and more.
Xperia Transfer Mobile is already built into your Sony Xperia XA. On your old phone, you need to have Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher, and you need to download the Xperia Transfer Mobile app from Google Play.
- 1. On the Sony Xperia XA, touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Backup & reset.
- 4. Touch Xperia™ Transfer Mobile.
- 5. Touch the old device type, e.g., Android.
- 6. Touch Receive.
- 7. Touch NEXT.
- 8. Touch Wireless.
- 9. A PIN code is displayed.
- 10. On the old device, launch Sony Xperia Transfer Mobile, accept the Terms and Conditions, then touch GET STARTED.
- 11. Touch Send.
- 12. Touch NEXT.
- 13. Touch Wireless.
- 14. Enter the PIN code that's displayed on the Sony Xperia XA.
- 15. Touch CONNECT.
- 16. If you see any screens asking to allow access, touch ALLOW.
- 17. On the Sony Xperia XA, select the content to transfer.
- 18. Scroll to and touch TRANSFER.
- 19. Wait for the content to transfer.
- 20. The transfer has been completed. Touch NEXT.
- 21. Touch FINISH & EXIT.