How to change the email settings on my Sony Xperia XZ1
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If you canʼt send or receive email on your Sony Xperia XZ1, you might need to update the email server settings. Please contact your email provider to obtain the correct settings.
If you canʼt get the email server to connect, ensure the settings are correct and working on a home computer. Also, make sure your Sony Xperia XZ1 is connected to the Internet.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Scroll to and touch Google.
- 3. Touch Gmail.
- 4. Touch the Menu icon.
- 5. Scroll to and touch Settings.
- 6. Touch the desired account.
- 7. The most common settings to change are the outgoing settings.
Scroll to and touch Outgoing settings.
- 8. Touch SMTP server.
- 9. Edit the server name.
- 10. Touch DONE.
- 11. The changes have been saved.
- This process is similar for most email accounts. However, the options that you can change will depend on the account type (Gmail, Yahoo!, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, etc.).