How to set up a new Sony Xperia XZ1 using the setup wizard
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When you use your Sony Xperia XZ1 for the first time, it will take you through a setup wizard and help you set up some key features. For example, you can enable the Device Protection feature by adding a Google account and setting a screen lock.
Device Protection helps to protect your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your Sony Xperia XZ1 is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
Please note: the steps may differ depending on the options selected. Simply follow the prompts on the Sony Xperia XZ1 to complete the setup wizard.
- 1. Scroll to the desired language and touch GET STARTED.
- 2. Review the information and touch ACCEPT.
- 3. Touch Set up as new.
- 4. Touch the desired Wi-Fi network.
- 5. Enter the network password and touch CONNECT.
- 6. Wait while the phone checks for updates.
- 7. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, touch Email or phone, enter your Google account email address and touch NEXT.
Note: A Google account is needed to use certain features such as Device Protection, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 8. Enter your Google account password and touch NEXT.
- 9. Touch I AGREE.
- 10. Touch ADD FINGERPRINT.
- 11. Touch the desired option (e.g., Fingerprint + PIN).
- 12. Enter your desired PIN and touch CONTINUE.
- 13. Re-enter your PIN and touch OK.
- 14. Touch NEXT.
- 15. Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor repeatedly until the scan is complete.
- 16. Touch DONE.
- 17. A list of options will appear and you can touch the sliders to enable or disable them. Touch MORE to scroll down the list.
- 18. Touch AGREE when you are ready to continue.
- 19. Touch CONTINUE.
- 20. Touch YES, IʼM IN.
- 21. Touch GET STARTED.
- 22. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Google Assistant.
- 23. Touch FINISHED.
- 24. If you see this screen, sign in to Xperia services or touch NOT NOW.
- 25. Touch SKIP.
- 26. Touch NEXT.
- 27. Touch the desired option (e.g., ALLOW).
- 28. Touch the desired option (e.g., Wi-Fi only).
- 29. Touch ALL SET.
- 30. Touch FINISH to complete the setup process.