How to set up the screen lock on my Sony Xperia XZ1 and enable Device Protection
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can set a screen lock (e.g., password) for your Sony Xperia XZ1. The password will be required to unlock the phone from standby mode.
The Device Protection feature is automatically enabled if you have both a Google account and a screen lock on your Sony Xperia XZ1. Device Protection helps to protect your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your Sony Xperia XZ1 is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen & security.
- 4. Touch Screen lock.
- 5. Touch the desired option (e.g., Password).
- 6. Enter a password.
- 7. Touch CONTINUE.
- 8. Re-enter the password to confirm it.
- 9. Touch OK.
- 10. Touch the desired notification option and touch DONE.
- 11. The screen lock (password) has been set.