How to share my Sony Xperia XZ1 Internet connection with a computer
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Tethering lets you share the Internet connection from your Sony Xperia XZ1 with a computer. Please note that youʼll be using data from your mobile service and charges may apply.
- 1. Connect your Sony Xperia XZ1 to the computer using the USB cable.
- 2. Touch Apps.
- 3. Touch Settings.
- 4. Touch Network & Internet.
- 5. Touch Hotspot & tethering.
- 6. Touch the USB tethering slider to turn it on.
- 7. Touch OK.
- 8. The phone is now tethered.
- 9. On the computer, wait for the device drivers to install, then click Home network.
- 10. Wait while the computer automatically applies the settings and connects to the network.
- 11. Setup is complete. Click Close.
- Note: In step 9, we selected “Home network” because we know and trust both the Sony Xperia XZ1 and the computer.